While Indians have traditionally favoured debit cards over credit cards for decades, currently this trait is changing. From 2018 to 2019, the number of credit cards has increased from 38.6 million to an estimated 48.9 million. The net spending by Indians using credit cards has also gone up to an impressive Rs.6.07 lakh crore from last year’s Rs.4.6 lakh crore.
Usually, financial institutions offer both online and offline options to check credit card status. Additionally, it is also crucial for applicants to know of the different terms related to an application so that they can check the status more conveniently.
Online credit card application tracking
Top credit cards such as the Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard offer easy access and management of the card. Vitally, it allows applicants to check their convenience while it also offers them the option to contact the financial institution in case there is any problem. Applicants should follow the underneath steps to track their credit card application.
- The official online portal of the financial institution must be accessed. These dedicated pages offer access to track any application.
- Customers must provide numerous details when they apply for a credit card. These details are also required to check the application status. Mobile number, customer ID, email ID, reference number, PAN card details are some of the necessary information required to track the application. In case of using the cell phone number, OTP verification is mandatory.
- 3. Once the relevant details are put in, applicants can see their application details displayed on the screen.
It is easy to track credit card applications online but financial institutions also offer the option of offline tracking.
Offline credit card application tracking
While customers can apply for credit cards online easily, they can track it offline by following the underneath steps. There are a few options to check the status offline.
- A convenient option is to call the financial institution. Usually a specific number is provided for such functions.
- Additionally, applicants also visit the office of their credit card issuer to check their credit card status. They can directly talk to the representatives who handle credit card applications and check their status.
Tracking the application process is as easy as the application of these credit cards. Typically financial institutions offer convenient methods to ensure an enhanced customer experience. As for the application, NBFCs like Bajaj Finserv bring you pre-approved offers that make availing credit cards quick and easy. Pre-approved offers are available on numerous financial products like credit cards, home loans, personal loans, business loans, etc. You can check your pre-approved offer by providing your name and phone number.
Terms related to credit card application:
While there are many important things to know before applying for a credit card, some terms are crucial to track the application, viz. –
- In-process: This is when a financial institution is examining an application. Varied application details are checked during this time.
- On-hold: There can be numerous reasons why a financial institution puts an application on-hold. This simply means that the application is not being processed now.
- Dispatched: This is when the credit card has been dispatched to the applicant.
- Disapproved: When an application is cancelled, the credit card status is that of disapproved.
- No-records found: In case an applicant puts in wrong information while tracking their status, they are liable to see the status ‘no-record found’.
Customers should learn the different reasons why their credit card applications can be rejected. This will allow them to avoid these circumstances and consequently have their credit card application approved faster.