Yes! Goa is the
smallest state in India but also the most fun-filled one. There is a reason as
to why it is known as Ibiza of India. The place is full of tourists round the
year from different parts of the world. So, clearly, all of you who are
planning a solo trip to Goa is going to make a lot of new friends and have
loads of fun in Goa. Here is what a solo traveller must do and visit while in
Goa so that the trip becomes unforgettable. But, before we begin you just need
to promise yourself that the trip is not going to be about relaxing but being
out there all night and day long. It is not just the booze you are there for,
go party, enjoy sun basking, the sound of the waves, sun shacks and so some
water sports. Now, let us begin.
- Use local Transport- Since you will be travelling solo, we recommend you to take local transport instead of booking a cab as that will mean absolute wastage of money. You may make friends along your way while saving money. Moreover, the local transport person or the person sitting inside the vehicle can also suggest the best hotels in Calangute beach in Goa. You can then do some research after reaching the place and book a hotel for yourself. After that is done, you can rent a scooter to visit the places there.
- Go shop your heart out- For female solo travellers, one of the very first reasons for not getting bored is shopping. There is a market in the night and day at some specific days at different locations in Goa and yes bargaining is allowed. So, you can shop for bohemian clothes, buy the best spices and junk jewellery, souvenirs, etc. When you travel solo one of the advantages is that you can spend as much or as less time you want to spend on shopping.
- Don’t be a bore- When you are solo you should take the lead to interact with people on your trip, otherwise, people may not come to you on their own to talk. So, enjoy parties and beach life while mingling with some other groups. Why? Because Goa is all about having fun and you would end up spoiling all the fun and adventure that awaits you in Goa by being all by your own.
- Enjoy some spa- While you are staying at one of the hotels in Calangute Beach in Goa you should at least make time to take spa once at your trip here. So, keep a session booked when you need to relax after a tiring day of roaming in Goa to visit the churches and other places than just relaxing on the beaches. Sip some Feni, the local Goan drink too!
- Visit Forts and Churches- There are several forts and churches that you must visit in Goa, these are Chapora Fort, Basilica of Bom Jesus, Aguada Fort. Chapora Fort was featured in DilChahta Hai, hence, it is also known as ‘DilChahta Hai Point’. The place looks great at the time of sunset. Church of our lady is the church which has been featured in many Bollywood movies.
- Go to these Beaches- Baga Beach, Calangute Beach and Vagator Beach are great places to go to. However, we suggest you to not take massages as they are more or less a way to combine prostitution with. Otherwise, disco, party, cafe, karaoke, it is famous for all of that. Then comes Miramar beach, this beach is also quite amazing. Infact, the street food here is lip-smacking. It is just 5 km from Panaji and the sunset looks great from this beach. This beach basically is a perfect place for foodies who want to relax.
- Talk to the locals-
Talking to the amiable locals of Goa is also something that you must attempt to
do while on your trip to Goa. The bonus of the same would be that you will find
people to click great pictures of you.
So, now that you know what you need to do on a solo trip to Goa, pack your bags and make the required bookings which include choosing one of the hotels in Calangute Beach in Goa. After all, why wait for the right time, when you can do it this very weekend?